Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Some League of Legends Fanart to Start the New Year!

Happy New Year's, everyone!

I am very excited to share some projects I've been working on in the past year. I have had the immense honor of working on some Riot-sponsored fanart for the game "League of Legends." I was asked to depict the Champions in my own style, but more importantly, the illustrations would take a different approach to introducing the Champions than their current splash screens by having the characters interact and show more of their back story and personality. I had a ton of fun working on these!

Warwick and Soraka
I wanted to show a lighthearted take on the relationship between the celestial Soraka and Warwick, who devised an elaborate scheme to deceive and cut out her heart, in order to obtain a formula that would grant him incredible strength. (Technically, he wasn't a werewolf at the time he was carrying out his plan, but I thought it'd be more fun to draw him in this form.)



Twitch's Pool Party
Twitch was one of the first Champions I played and I always thought he was funny. In my early sketches I wanted to do a scene with Twitch bathing in the sewers, or the horrified reaction of his friends as he's about to jump into a pool with them.

Vi and Caitlyn
After trying out a few humorous images that involved the ex-criminal Vi and her now crime fighting comrade, Caitlyn, I settled on a simple arm-wrestling scene on a barrel of Gragas’s ale, throwing in her personal taunt to Caitlyn, using the teacup: “Care for a spot of tea? Or maybe a spot of punch in the face!

Rumble, Teemo and Tristy
I titled this "Love and War" as I wanted to play on the (sort of) love triangle between Rumble, Tristy and Teemo; Teemo had given Tristy a personalized cupcake (Yordles can’t resist cupcakes…) while Rumble had carved their names into a tree... the two fight for Tristy's love while she looks on.

Renekton and Nasus
Nasus was another one of my favorite Champions. Although I didn't end up finalizing these, I played with a number of lighthearted ideas involving Nasus's early days putting up with his brother, Renekton, in the Great Library.



Ziggs & Heimerdinger
Here I wanted to tell Ziggs' backstory on how he used his Hexplosives to blow up the prison cell and free the professors of the Yordle Academy of Science & Progress. Heimerdinger, one of the captives, was eternally grateful and finally gave Ziggs the recognition he deserved and craved.




Blitzcrank and the Yordles
Someday I want to finish this one... I really liked Blitzcrank's alternate skin, Piltover Blitzcrank, and wanted to draw Heimerdinger and Corky modding Blitzcrank in their Piltover Customs shop.
 
Hope you guys enjoy! I’ll be updating with more images tomorrow. ^__^ See you next year!!
~Genevieve

37 comments:

Lesley Vamos said...

Awesome stuff!!

toy joy said...

OMG! You're awesome.

Thanks for sharing your art!

Genevieve Tsai said...

Thank you so much, Leslie! It's great to hear from you! I still love that moose print you gave me on our trade. ^_^ Hope to see you at SDCC again!

Toy Joy - Haha, aww! Thank YOU for checking out my blog and the kind compliment!

Anonymous said...

Your style is so cute I loved it! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you feel as tho disney has had some inspiration on your work? I just get that from your work, which in my opinion is a good thing. Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING art!! I love your works ! :,)

Fallalla said...

Wow, amazing! Those look soooo good, great job!!!

Chris said...

pool party pic sooo funnnyy :DD

Luyten said...

Just amazing, you're really good at this!

liamsmartguy said...

These are awesome!!! You have to finish that last Nasus & Renekton one! It'd buy a print of that in colour :D

Marco Jota said...

OMG!! Awesome Stuff.
What program do you use to do this art's?

TastyPhox said...

Never stop this awesome madness-- I can't believe how much character you manage to squeeze into each champ!

You're style is spectacular and and it makes me wish that beyond all hope Disney somehow picks up movie rights to a LoL animated feature! xD

Anonymous said...

I really like the Soraka/Warwick one, since I jokingly ship the two. Warwick's formula requires the heart of a celestial being and I find it amusing if he obtains it from Soraka willingly via love in the figurative sense a la Stardust.

Steven said...

These are fantastic! I used to play Twitch a lot so the pool one is my fav. (Olaf's expression is too good.)

Genevieve Tsai said...

I am speechless, and moved beyond words at all the generous and kind feedback from everyone!! You guys are wonderful. Thank you very much, it makes me so happy!

To answer some of your questions:
Anonymous - Thank you! Oh yes, I definitely feel that Disney has made a huge impact in my life and my style, as you can see. I grew up loving Disney and Don Bluth films as a kid, and later in my life, anime, Franco-Belgian/European comics and many, many other artists/artist friends have inspired me along the way! I appreciate that you feel it is a good thing!

liamsmartguy - Thank you so much, I hope to finish it or perhaps do a new one of Renekton/Nasus someday!

(And as a side note, if you or -anyone- has suggestions as to what they'd like to see, I am always open to hear! ^_^)

Marco Jota - Thank you! I draw it all on paper and then take it into Photoshop to finalize.

TastyPhox - Thanks so much! Wow, that would be incredible! I've always wished for a full-length LoL animated feature, even if it wasn't made by Disney. I just hope Blur makes one someday--their cinematics/trailers are amazing!!

Anonymous - Interesting! I hadn't thought of Stardust before, but now that you mentioned it, I like that twist of obtaining Soraka's heart in a figurative take.

Steven - Haha, glad to meet another Twitch fan! I'm glad you like Olaf's expression, too, hehe! ^__^

Thanks again!
~Genevieve

Mido said...

It's reaally amazing ! great stuff.
from france.

Anonymous said...

amazing art

cxjain said...

Love it!

Riot Paddo said...

I love all of this you Rock please give us more!

Riot Paddo said...

Oh for a suggestion I suggest Zed and Shen. Maybe the point where Shens father asks Zed to return since that is a moment thats not covered very often. Maybe forshadowing Zed eventually killing Shens father as hes trying to welcome him into his arms. Idk could be a cool piece but you are the creative artist not I =D

Riot Paddo said...

Also add me on League! - Riot Paddo

consolador said...

Cool!!!

Katie said...

This is easily some of the best fan art I've seen for League of Legends, great job.

edok69 said...

This article is very good. We would like to leave a good article. To read more articles, click here >>>
slot online
slot online
slot online

boy said...

This is my blog. Click here.
สูตรไฮโลออนไลน์ ความเสี่ยงสูง สำหรับนักเดิมพันที่มีประสบการณ์

edok69 said...

This is my blog. Click here.
สล็อตออนไลน์มือถือ สล็อตออนไลน์ฝากขั้นต่ำ กี่บาท ?

chanee said...

A good website is useful.
weatherreportcompetition.com
maniwa-ds.com

amulet88 said...


This is my blog.

สล็อต gclub
แทงบอล สูง – ต่ำ
แทงหวย ยี่กี

มาลี said...

I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!เว็บตรงสล็อต

มาลี said...

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.เกมสล็อต

BETFLIX said...

เว็บรวมเกม เมก้าเกม ที่ดีที่สุดในปี 2022 ที่มาพร้อมกับระบบ สล็อตทุกค่ายเกม easyslot เปิดให้บริการตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง

mega89 said...

ทดลองเล่นสล็อต สล็อต เดโม่ ตัวเกมวิดีโอสล็อตสำหรับทดลองเล่นให้คุณสามารถ Play slot for free ผ่านตัวเกมจริงจากผู้พัฒนาเกมจากทุกค่ายเกม ทดลองเล่นสล็อตทุกค่าย2021 ตัวเกมลิขสิทธ์แท้จากเว็บตรง 100%
ทดลองเกมสล็อต ฟรีทุกเกม จากทุกค่ายดัง อัพเดตเกมใหม่ๆก่อนใคร พร้อมให้บริการตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง ทดลองเล่นฟรี กราฟฟิคสวยงามสมจริง ที่จะพาผู้เล่นไปสัมผัสประสบการณ์การเล่นใหม่ๆ ไม่ซ้ำใคร ไม่หลุด ลื่นไหล ไม่มีสะดุด
เล่นสล็อตฟรี เราคือให้บริการด้านสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่ได้รับสิขสิทธ์ตรงจากค่ายเกมต่างประเทศ ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์คนกลาง รวบรวมทุกค่ายเกมชั้นนำระดับโลก รวมเกมยอดฮิตจากทั่วทุกมุมโลก อัดแน่นไปด้วยคุณภาพ มาไว้ที่นี้ที่เดียว

mega89 said...

IRON DOG เว็บตรง สล็อตเว็บตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ สล็อตแตกง่าย ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ 2022
สล็อตxo ศูนย์รวมความบันเทิง เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่คนนิยมเล่นมากที่สุด เล่นสล็อตXO พร้อมรับโปรโมชั่นสุดพิเศษได้ที่นี่

Ploy said...

สมัครสล็อตเว็บไหนดี Please come to join us!!!

Ploy said...

Please find new opportunity เว็บพนันออนไลน์ที่ยิ่งใหญ่ที่สุดในยุคนี้ for your future.

Ploy said...

Improve its operation and to deliver ads. สมัครสล็อตยังไง

Ploy said...

Find the solution สล็อตpgเว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ไม่มีขั้นต่ํา will be with you.